Tuesday 17 May 2011

Peter Jackson & Steven Spielberg's The Adventures of Tintin


I have never been a big fan of the tintin books, I've read 1 or 2 and those which I have read I've enjoyed, but when I heard that there would be a feature Tintin movie released I wasn't that excited. Until I discovered not only Peter Jackson and Steven Spielbergs involvement (Spielberg's at the directorial seat, Jackson only in as a producer), but also once I discovered who was behind the screenplay. Steven Moffat (whom has written all the best doctor who episodes, including blink and the recent The impossible astronaut/day of the moon), Edgar Wright (Shaun of the dead, Hot fuzz, Scott Pilgrim, his involvement is very exciting) and Joe Cornish (Director of Attack the block, which i'm yet to see but pretty sure I will love). After hearing that the script was composed by these 3 geniuses now I am pretty damn excited to see this, and the trailer has only added to that excitement, especially that shot of the sand turning to water - damnnnnn.

The animation is similar to that of The Polar Express, which really freaked me out. But this feels more refined, more realistic but also much more fun and animated. This is one I'm going to be definitely checking out in 3D because it's the way the filmmakers intended for it to be seen, so it's only fair that I see it that way. With a great cast consisting of Andy Serkis, Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig, Nick Frost, Simon Pegg and Mackenzie Crook, be sure to check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment