Sunday 22 May 2011

Trailer time

It's trailer time again, this week we've got 4 gems for you. A documentary about an ex tv-show host, A documentary about running a tv show, a documentary about a remake of a famous tv show and a remake where Cyclops goes Hoffman on a bunch of rednecks.

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop
Here in England we unfortunately never got Late Night with Conan O'Brien, but the shows I did when I've been on holiday in america, or the odd clip on youtube left me wanting for more. Luckily now I've got my chance, the new documentary Conan O'Brien Can't Stop follows Conan on his "The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny On Television Tour", and from what I can tell from the trailer it is going to be a funny, poignant and zany journey. I've been hearing great things from the festival circuit and hopefully it won't be too long before this gets released, because I can't wait to get my hands on some more of Conan's antics.
Here's the trailer

Showrunners
This one is really interesting, talking to creators, writers, showrunners from TV shows about what it's like to have an incredibly successful TV show, and to be sitting in the backseat while your leading lady is taking all the credit. With some familiar names and faces, and bound to be a few more, this will be interesting, funny and educational and thus should definitely be checked out

Exporting Raymond
Earlier today I watched my first ever episode of The Office: An American Workplace, up until now I've avoided it as it seems like a remake of a hilarious show isn't necessary, but I can now see what an alternative office offers. So what would happen if an american show was remade by Russia, would it also offer up new comedy for the characters? Well we're about to find out as exporting Raymond takes us to Russia with Phil Rosenthal (Everybody loves Raymond's creator) to discuss the creation of a Russian Everybody Loves Raymond,

Straw Dogs
Last week on trailer time I posted Fright Night, a remake coming out that actually looked pretty decent. Now today I come to you with ANOTHER remake that doesn't look awful but actually looks quite good. Starring James Marsden (Sex Drive & X men) and Kate Bosworth (look in the romantic comedy section of a blockbuster, she's bound to be in most of them). This trailer is genuinely thrilling and if the film is anything like this it'll be a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment